Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fourth of July Flag Shirts!

A little late for this one, as we did it for the Fourth, but still wanted to share the fun we had.  :)

One of my mom/caregiver friends posted a picture of her littles wearing shirts she had helped them decorate with a flag- red and white stripes, with a blue handprint where the stars would go on the American flag.  So super cute!  I immediately sent the picture to my sis to see if she wanted to get together before the holiday to make shirts for all five of our sweet babes.

We collected shirts of the correct size for each child, including a onsie for my little niece who couldn't make it up to do the project with us that day, and marked out the spaces for the red stripes with painter's tape.  After sticking a piece of cardboard into the shirt, to keep the paint from transferring onto the back of the shirt, I helped the kiddos paint the red lines on their shirts.  They really enjoyed spreading the fabric paint oh the shirts!  We then each helped our own munchkins do their hand prints for the blue corner.






















So, so cute!  I  love the little, tiny handprints of my youngest nephew and niece, and the progression of sizes with my own kids.  They were so excited to wear their Fourth of July shirts to the parade and for the  holiday.












         
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment