Friday, August 25, 2017

I'm sitting here thinking of all the things that are just running around in my head, and don't even know what I want to let out.  There is so much I take on and take care of, and sometimes it's hard to let go of some of that stuff, even when I know it's for my best  that I do.

Being a mom is one of my most favorite things ever.  I have the coolest kids, and you are free to disagree that yours are cooler, I know my truth.  😄  I've gotten to watch as my dolly crafts a costume out of notebook paper and yarn for her brother.  It's so cool!  She is figuring out how to make all the pieces work together, and how to get it to stay on him without ripping.  My big kid has been working on his computer and piano skills- he's coming along amazingly at both.  And my super bud is just being so patient as his sister makes his costume. They are creative, and smart, and funny, and just fun to be around.

I love my work.  I get to hang out with babies all day, and about 90% of the time they are the cutest and most amazing little people ever.  *(The other 10% is crying and poopy diapers. No one loves that.) I love that I get to go to work somewhere I love with people I enjoy doing something I'm really good at every day. I get to make a difference for so many people, and it is the most amazing ever.

I have my classwork coming up.  I am so excited at the opportunity to learn more, and especially to learn about how to share the things I've learned and experienced with other people.  To make that difference to someone.  To be a teacher is one of my greatest blessings in life.

I have my parents, five siblings, siblings-in-law, nieces, nephews.  I know that there are people with larger families than me, but no matter what, family is a commitment, and takes time, attention, and care.  Everyone needs something a little different, and that can take a lot out of a person.

I have my church family. I have loved meeting and connecting (or reconnecting) with the people there.  There is so much support to be found and offered.

This next week, I get to be on vacation with my kids.  I don't know what all we are going to do, and that is so great.  We get to just be together.  As much as I love all the other people and commitments in my life, I am so looking forward to all the time I get to spend with my kids.  We get to spend some quality time with the cousins and some special friends who we don't get the opportunity to see as much as we would like, but there are so many things that come up in all our schedules it just doesn't happen. And we get to hang out with some new kids, and see what kinds of connections we make there.

Most of the time, it's just going to be me and them.  And I can't wait!  It's tough to step away from all the commitments I've made, but sometimes I have to. One thing I've learned in the last few years is that I'm not irreplaceable to the rest of the world. But to myself, to my kids, to my family... There's only one me, and I need to take care of me first sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment